Customer Care – Compliments and Complaints
We at LASER Credit Union as a non-for-profit Credit Union are proud to help and serve our Community.
We welcome your feedback on what we are doing well and where we could improve.
If you would like to compliment us or provide us with your experience of how we have helped you then we would love to hear from you.
Any feedback on your experience with us or our products and services, we welcome that too.
The best way to do this is by message on our mobile app, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 01709 836500.
If you feel you would like to make a complaint then we will work with you to resolve your complaint as soon as possible, straight away if we can. We have a procedure for Complaints which is detailed below and is also available as a hard copy to email or post at your request:
HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT
LASER Credit Union (LASER) believes in delivering good quality services and support in a professional manner to all our stakeholders, including customers, partners, agencies and funders.
If at any time you have a complaint regarding LASER, its services or its staff you have the right to voice your complaint and to be listened to. We will treat all complaints seriously and respond to any issues without prejudice in a timely and professional manner. The safety of individuals making a complaint will always be considered.
WHAT IS A COMPLAINT
A complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction about a service that the LASER has provided or failed to provide that has resulted in a financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience, or the potential for such loss or inconvenience to occur.
Where a complaint falls outside this definition (such as discourtesy by an officer or employee) we will follow the same procedure but without any reference to the Financial Ombudsman.
WHO CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT
- A credit union member, or potential member, or former member
- A nominated beneficiary or personal representative of (a) above
- A business with a turnover of less that £1million
HOW DO I MAKE A COMPLAINT?
A complaint may be made in writing or verbally, by letter, telephone or email to email@example.com, or by calling into any of the credit union’s place of business. The officer or volunteer taking the complaint will open a record of your complaint.
INVESTIGATING A COMPLAINT
LASER will make every effort to resolve a complaint on the spot. If this is not possible your complaint will be reported to someone who can deal with it by the next working day.
RESPONDING TO A COMPLAINT
We endeavour to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and as speedily as possible and within the following time frames:
Within one working day
LASER aims to resolve complaints to the complainant’s satisfaction by the close of business on the next business day after the day on which the complaint was received.
Within five working days
If the complaint cannot be resolved quickly, an acknowledgement will be sent to the complainant within 5 days of receipt of the complaint. The acknowledgement will include the following information;
- The name or job title of the person handling the complaint.
- The credit union’s internal complaint handling procedure.
Within eight weeks
If still unresolved within 8 weeks of receiving a complaint, LASER will send the complainant:
- A response which explains the delay and advises the complainant when a final response can be expected. The complainant will be asked whether they are willing to extend the time for the investigation to be completed. The complainant will be advised that if dissatisfied with the delay he can refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). A copy of the FOS leaflet “Your complaint and the Ombudsman” will be included in this response.
It is LASER’s intention to provide a complainant with a satisfactory final response within 8 weeks of receipt of the complaint. The final response will include:
- A summary of the complaint
- A summary of the investigation into the complaint
- Whether the credit union acknowledges it has been at fault in any way
- Details of any redress or offer made to settle the complaint
- The complainant’s right to refer the complaint to the FOS if remaining unsatisfied with the final response from the Credit Union.
- A copy of the FOS’s explanatory leaflet.
THE FINANCIAL OMBUSMAN SERVICE (FOS)
The role of the FOS is to provide, advice, mediation and arbitration in complaints against a credit union. If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint you may refer your complaint to the FOS. You can do this once you have received a final response. You must refer your complaint to the FOS within six months of the final response letter.
LASER Credit Union undertakes to co-operate with any investigation undertaken by the FOS.
You can contact the FOS in writing, by telephone or by email. It is better if you contact them by telephone as they can deal with your request immediately.
Complaints in writing to the FOS should be sent to:
The Financial Ombudsman
LONDON E14 9SR
Complaints by telephone should be made to:
0800 023 4 567 (free using mobile phones and landlines)
0300 123 9 123 (calls to this number cost no more than calls to 01 and 02 numbers)
020 7964 1000 (switchboard)
Complaints by email should be made to:
(Emails are automatically acknowledged so check your “junk mail” folder or “spam” filter if you do not get a reply.
LASER Credit Union’s Customer Care Policy is available at request.